When it comes to the future of a law firm, good things come to those who plan. Your firm is only as strong as your lawyers; what happens when a key rainmaker or firm partner retires? Recently, Law Times newspaper, a leading Canadian legal publication, reached out to Lynn Foley, CEO of fSquared Marketing, for her thoughts on succession planning. To ensure a smooth transition,…
Lynn Foley is a Co-Founder, CEO and Partner of fSquared Marketing.
She has 20 years of proven, hands on experience, starting in New York at JPMorgan Chase where she was a Vice President of Client Management and Sales before joining Price Waterhouse Coopers a decade later as a Director of Business Development. These combined experiences led her to the global law firm White & Case LLP as Practice Development Director for their Americas Finance practices with global responsibility for strategic planning for various sub-practices. ￼
She relocated to Vancouver in 2010 to hold the newly created role of Director of Marketing and Client Development at Bull, Housser & Tupper LLP where she was responsible for strategic planning and marketing. There she led the development and implementation of a new strategic plan for the Firm in addition to the creation of a new brand identity, and gained valuable insight into the Canadian market.
Lynn is a member of the Board of Directors of the Legal Marketing Association, Vancouver Chapter and frequently presents on topics associated with legal marketing, business development and digital strategy. She regularly contributes to various legal publications and is a columnist for Slaw.ca. She holds a dual MBA in Finance and Media Communications Management from Fordham University in New York and earned her undergraduate degree in Marketing Management from Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland.
Speaking & Presentations
- Moderated seminar for members of the legal community which offered practical advice on working with legal directories featuring Jean Cumming, Editor-in-Chief and Market Director of Lexpert, and Lloyd Pearson, Director of 393 Communications and former Editor of Chambers Global.
“Content Marketing & Social Media as Revenue Generation Tools” – BCLMA (BC Legal Management Association) – February 12, 2015
- Seminar for In-House COO’s and Directors of Administration covering topics including understanding the linkages between Business Development, Client Relationship Management and Social Media
Social Media Planning and maximizing your Content Marketing strategy in today’s legal market
“Living with CASL – Post Legislation” – LMA Vancouver (Legal Marketing Association) –November 20, 2015
- Moderated seminar for members of the legal community on topic that included effective tactics employed, and difficult questions considered, in working to ensure compliance with this legislation.
“Business Development for Lawyers” – Vancouver, BC. Affinity Institute – December 12, 2013
- Full day conference speaking on “The Current Role of Social Media in Business Development for Lawyers“
“Legal Marketing Skills Bootcamp” – Vancouver, BC. LMA Vancouver – October 17, 2013
- Half day workshop speaking on “Legal Marketing Survival Guide”
“Legal Marketing Skills Bootcamp” – Vancouver, BC. LMA Vancouver – October, 2012
- Half day workshop on Digital Marketing focusing on practical tools to drive revenue.
“Social & Digital Media for Law Firms 2012 – Connecting Revenue and ROI to your Digital Strategy: Video, Mobile Devices & Blogs“ – San Francisco, CA. Hildebrandt Institute and West Legal Edcenter – June, 2012
- Participated on a panel discussing “Metrics Reporting: Connecting Social Media to Revenue Generation.“
- On a panel discussing how to effectively use technology to support your business development efforts.
Press & Publications
Slaw – Published MAY 5TH, 2014
“Ensure Your Client Feedback Program Is a ‘Client Listening’ Program”
Slaw – Published MARCH 6TH, 2014
“Outsourcing Legal Marketing Practical tips for working with external consultants“
BCLMA Topics – Published WINTER, 2014
“Rumors of the Death of Client Alerts Greatly Exaggerated“
National Law Journal – Published FEBRUARY 1ST, 2011
In a Previous Life
Some Posts by Lynn
Working with innovators is always inspiring. When the fSquared Marketing team got the chance to build the new website for Intellectual Property Law Firm Oyen Wiggs we were determined to create a website and brand every bit as inventive as this leading Intellectual Property firm. We’re proud to announce that all that passionate design and hard coding has been recognized— patentable.com has won Gold at the…