There is a role for lawyer coaching in every law firm. In the current legal market, there is an increased need for lawyers to have both the confidence and the tools to succeed at business development. Most lawyers are not born as rainmakers and the majority are not taught any business development and marketing skills at law school. But with effective lawyer coaching, all lawyers, whether they are looking to make partner, maintain equity status or simply to add to the growth of their firm, can learn skills that can develop their practice and position them for success.
Whatever their comfort level, we can work with your lawyers to create business development and marketing plans that contain realistic action items, from business lunches to blogs, tailored to their needs while ensuring they fit in with the overall strategy and brand of your firm. Your lawyers will learn new marketing and client development skills, including how to identify, and pursue, business development opportunities.
Having worked with hundreds of lawyers, both in-house and as external consultants, we understand the culture within a partnership and the expectations and challenges that exist. If you’d like your lawyers to work one-on-one with an outside resource available to focus on your practice, just give us a call.
INDIVIDUAL PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Draft customized, practical business development plans
- Develop and communicate a personal brand specific to them and their practice
- Prepare actionable and realistic marketing plans
- Incorporate marketing and business development tools including:
- Social Media
- Content Marketing (including blogs)
- Speaking Opportunities
- Media Relations
- Client Development Activities
Acting as strategist, trainer, touchstone and cheer-leader, our legal business development experts provide lawyers with on-going coaching in order to:
- Support implementation of business development plans
- Establish solid client development habits
- Increase business development success rates
- Identify new opportunities
- Identify and work with new referral sources
- Ensure lawyer stays focused on accomplishing their objectives
- Prepare for upcoming business development opportunities
- Optimize internal cross-selling opportunities
- Brainstorm new profile raising ideas
Additionally, if you have a number of lawyers who you feel could benefit from our services, we offer customized business development programs that include group training sessions and follow-up customized to fit your culture and business plans.
“…the right combination of expertise, creativity, and swift-kick-in-the-behind to get you going in the right direction.”