Lynn Foley is the CEO and Co-Founder of fSquared Marketing, a marketing consulting firm with expertise in client development, digital strategy and execution, strategic planning and brand visibility for law firms. She is a client relationship management and marketing veteran known for her practical and pragmatic approach to planning and implementation.
Lynn has over 20 years of hands on strategic marketing and business development experience, and has held senior roles at market leading companies including White & Case LLP, JPMorgan Chase, PricewaterhouseCoopers and Bull, Housser & Tupper LLP. Since starting fSquared Marketing, she has worked with numerous International, Regional and Boutique law firms, and their lawyers, to achieve their strategic goals while offering practical, measurable and proven solutions to challenges that face her clients.
She was a member of the Board of Directors of the Legal Marketing Association, Western Canada Region from 2012 to 2017. She frequently presents in the United States and Canada on topics associated with legal marketing, business development and digital strategy and regularly contributes to various legal publications.
Lynn holds a dual MBA in Finance and Media Communications Management from Fordham University in New York and earned her undergraduate degree in Marketing Management from Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland.
Speaking & Presentations
- “Digital Marketing Masterclass” – LMA Vancouver (Legal Marketing Association) – May 26, 2016
Moderated a panel discussion with local communications, legal marketing, and digital marketing experts. The session explored integrated content, social media marketing, and other forms of digital media.
- “Set Yourself up for Success with Directories” – LMA Vancouver (Legal Marketing Association) – February 26, 2015
Moderated seminar for members of the legal community which offered practical advice on working with legal directories featuring Jean Cumming, Editor-in-Chief and Market Director of Lexpert, and Lloyd Pearson, Director of 393 Communications and former Editor of Chambers Global.
- “Content Marketing & Social Media as Revenue Generation Tools” – BCLMA (BC Legal Management Association) – February 12, 2015
Seminar for In-House COO’s and Directors of Administration covering topics including understanding the linkages between Business Development, Client Relationship Management and Social Media, Social Media Planning and maximizing your Content Marketing strategy in today’s legal market
- “Core Skills Bootcamp: Looking Forward” – LMA Vancouver (Legal Marketing Association) – November 26, 2015
- “Living with CASL – Post Legislation” – LMA Vancouver (Legal Marketing Association) –November 20, 2015
Moderated seminar for members of the legal community on topic that included effective tactics employed, and difficult questions considered, in working to ensure compliance with this legislation.
- “Business Development for Lawyers” – Vancouver, BC. Affinity Institute – December 12, 2013
Full day conference speaking on “The Current Role of Social Media in Business Development for Lawyers“
- “Legal Marketing Skills Bootcamp” – Vancouver, BC. LMA Vancouver – October 17, 2013
Half day workshop speaking on “Legal Marketing Survival Guide”
- “Legal Marketing Skills Bootcamp” – Vancouver, BC. LMA Vancouver – October, 2012
Half day workshop on Digital Marketing focusing on practical tools to drive revenue.
- “Social & Digital Media for Law Firms 2012 – Connecting Revenue and ROI to your Digital Strategy: Video, Mobile Devices & Blogs“ – San Francisco, CA. Hildebrandt Institute and West Legal Edcenter – June, 2012
Participated on a panel discussing “Metrics Reporting: Connecting Social Media to Revenue Generation.“
- “Rise of the Machines: Putting Technology to Work for Us” – Grapevine, TX. Legal Marketing Association Annual Conference – March, 2012
- On a panel discussing how to effectively use technology to support your business development efforts.