fSquared Marketing is seeking a passionate and creative Graphic Designer to join our growing team. Graphic Designers are responsible for producing rapid response graphic requests for a variety of clients.
Designers are required to have a strong understanding of design fundamentals including but not limited to typography, layout, and branding to better produce designs that meet the needs of our client. Our ideal candidate is a hard-working, highly motivated, self-starter, who understands the importance of deadlines. They must be committed to showing continual growth and improvement in design capabilities and have the required technical skill set. Graphic Designers will work on all facets of design from concept, design, and production to final execution for projects ranging from branding, print, new media to web design.
As a full-time graphic designer at fSquared Marketing, you will work under our senior graphic designer using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. This assignment will include the design and production of various client projects such as: Print Communication, Web Design, Corporate Identity and Stationery, Print and Online Ads, Educational Displays, Indoor and Outdoor Signage, social media design support, infographics and more!
(Please note: This position is located in Horseshoe Bay, West Vancouver, BC, CANADA. This position as well as all interviews are held on site at this office. We are sorry – but we are not looking for remote team members at this time. Only apply if you are willing to work in Horseshoe Bay.)
- A problem solver
- Able to thrive in an open office environment
- A team player/collaborator willing to take direction from Partners and input from other team members
- Proactively solicit and provide feedback
- Detail oriented/meticulous
- Adhere to project timelines and budget and can effectively prioritize your workload
- Self-motivated and responsible
- Committed to fSquared Marketing’s success
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills to present and defend his or her ideas, the ability to thrive on inter-team collaboration, and an appreciation for project strategy and pixel perfect artwork.
- Create compelling and effective visual brand and other designs concepts for print, and other media channels
- Work across departments convey ideas and data in a visually pleasing and informative way
- Translate creative briefs into kick-ass designs
- Create mood boards, layouts, mock-ups, etc.
- Develop and maintain design material such as style guides and copy decks
- Follow and contribute to the development and maintenance of the Client’s brand standards
- Create and maintain visual assets for use in advertising, client collateral, web pages and other media
- Design effective slide presentations to support business development and client communications
- Conceptualize new opportunities for the presentation of data (infographics etc.)
- Deliver impeccable files
- Formal education in art & design
- 3-5 years graphic design work experience in print and digital
- Agency experience
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Ai, Id, Ps
- Solid experience working with existing brand identities and developing new ones
- Ability to effectively participate in client workshops and briefing sessions
- Ability to create high quality, innovative designs and layouts
- Ability to produce a wide range of print and web materials, including brand applications, newsletters, signage and advertising
- Experience working on integrated campaigns, large documents and the web
- Love of typography
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to convey ideas and information in written English
- Take direction from Partners and input from other team members
- Proactively solicit and provide feedback
- Collaborate with team members across disciplines and project phases
- Pay close attention to detail and pursue and ensure quality in all deliverables and project work
- Adhere to project timelines and budget
- Ability to design quickly and multi-task effectively
- Social media experience
- Bonus points if you have any video experience.
- You have the legal right to work in Canada. We do not sponsor visas.
This position is for an individual only. Agency submissions will not be considered. We will only consider folks who complete this form.